Thursday, December 10, 2015


   
                 This is the audiobook for A Vindication of the Rights of Woman. It is one of the earliest pieces of Feminist Philosophy. I was inspired to write it after reading Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Périgord's 1791 report to the French National Assembly. It said that women should only be educated domestically and not in schools. I completely and utterly disagreed to this. I think that the fact that women aren't educated is part of the fact that we are so oppressed in society. As I was writing this during the Enlightenment period, I used reason to justify my ideas. A Vindication Was and still remains the most widely used piece of Feminist Literature.

Wikipedia contributors. "A Vindication of the Rights of Woman." Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia, 13 Nov. 2015. Web. 10 Dec. 2015.

Osborne, Kristen. Kissel, Adam ed. "A Vindication Of The Rights Of Woman Summary." GradeSaver. 31 March 2012. Web. 10 December 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment